About PEP Filters
PEP Filters is an Amiad USA company with over 40 years of experience in the design and manufacturing of automatic self-cleaning filters. By implementing green and clean-water technologies, PEP Filters provides cost-effective and advanced filtration solutions for industrial, municipal, and commercial applications.
PEP is a world leader of process water filtration, cooling tower filtration, and membrane pre-filtration, as well as seal protection and filtration of inlet water and marine life habitats, recreational water parks, and decorative fountains.
PEP, Arkal, Filtomat, and Amiad brands work together to offer the best solution for your need. Whatever application you have that requires automatic removal of particulate for aqueous flow source, know that PEP Filters has a product for you. The broad product mix offers engineered solutions to a wide range of applications. Whether for 10 GPM or 100,000 GPM, PEP Filters has engineered automatic backwash media, disc, bag, cartridge and screen filters solutions as well as centrifugal separators and sweeper jets like no other company in the market.
PEP Media Filters operate using a proprietary media sieved and polished to provide consistent, accurate particulate removal from a flow source.
- Flows from 17 gpm
- Pressures to 600 psi
- Fiberglass, carbon steel, or stainless steel construction
- ASME code vessels available
- Variety of coatings available
- UL panels standard
- Skid-mounted single point utility connections
- Filtration as low as 0.5 micron
PEP Disc Filters operate using a specially designed technology. Thin, color-coded polypropylene discs are diagonally grooved on both sides to a specific micron size. A series of these discs is stacked and compressed on a specially designed spine. When stacked, the groove on top runs opposite to the groove below, creating a filtration element with a statistically significant series of valleys and traps for solids.
PEP Cartridge Filters provide unmatched filtration for a wide range of fluids, whether it is drinking water or process water. Cartridges are available to treat the spectrum of filtration requirements up to 240°F temperature and 150 psi system pressures. Cartridges are available to remove taste, odor, dissolved organics and chlorine, and Pep’s special absorbent cartridges can remove oil and other viscous petroleum products as well.
- 304L or 316L stainless steel
- 150 psi 300 degrees F ratings
- Standard size flows to 500 GPM
- Additional options include flows to 1500 GPM
- Skidded systems available, including pumps and controls
- Wound polypropylene cartridges from .5 to 100 micron retentions
- Many other media options available
PEP Bag Filters remove suspended particulate from water and other process liquids. Contaminants such as pipe scale, grit, wax, metal chips, rust, and airborne debris exist in a broad range of particle sizes, and PEP offers a variety of bags to capture particles ranging from 0.35 to 800 microns.
- Flows to 2000 gpm
- Carbon or stainless steel construction
- Pressures on single bag housings 100 psi
- Pressures on multi-bag housings 150 psi
- Variety of media available
- Uses standard commercially available #1 & #2 bags
The Centrifugal Separator is the newest addition to PEP’s diverse product line. The InterSeptor® Series Centrifugal Separator (“ICS2”) is a simple mechanical device that uses the principle of centrifugal force and friction to cause the separation of suspended solids from liquids. It is a device with no moving parts, has no media and operates effectively for years without any required maintenance.
- 150 psi rating, carbon steel construction
- ASME code stamp available
- External epoxy coating
- Non-removable lid standard, removable lid available
- Very low micron particle removal
- Available as Tower Clean Package, including pump, Nema 4X control panel, skid mounted with a variety of purge and recovery options
PEP Sweeper Jet nozzles have a uniquely designed elliptical discharge outlet that directs basin water toward the filter inlet in a flat fan pattern. In order for a cooling tower filter to do an effective job removing solids and contaminants from the cooling tower basin, solids must be directed toward the filter inlet.
PEP designs sweeper jet systems tailored to the given application. Basin size and shape, liquid depth, competing flow characteristics, solids loading and other site-specific criteria are examined for optimal flow and cleaning results. From there, PEP determines the correct sweeper jet size, quantity and placement.
To learn more about PEP Filters, click here.