Full-time Application Engineer
Midwest Machinery is looking for a full-time Application Engineer for our Lenexa, KS office.
You will play an important role as our customers’ most trusted and valued partner through our/your knowledge and expertise in our commercial HVAC products.
Your application engineer team role is the primary support resource for our customers, partners, and outside sales team. You’ll be working collaboratively with the outside sales team as a technical advisor and product champion. You’ll help identify and provide reliable solutions for our commercial and technical issues and help assure our projects go smoothly.
New hires in our office get a 30/60/90 day training plan and feedback to help ensure a good acclimation to the team and company culture.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Assist outside sales team in executing and achieving territory and market business plans.
- Resolve internal and external technical support requests or issues related to product selection, application, specification, installation, etc…
- Prepare basic takeoffs based on plan review and specifications; develop zone maps and accurate bill of materials.
- Commercial processes for quotation
- Extensive interaction with customers, partners, and team via phone and email.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Provide the status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify and communicate customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
And you have:
Minimum 2 years certificate or associates degree in a technical program such as Mechanical Engineering
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Software Skills (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of the HVAC industry.
Day-to-day company culture:
While we are an in-person company we understand work/life balance. If you need to be home for a contractor appointment, dentist, or similar we are flexible. You will receive a laptop and our IT infrastructure is set up for occasional remote work.
- 401k program
- Health Insurance
- Prescription benefits
- Vacation days
- Personal days
- Vision, dental insurance options
- Training and development